We got a phone call today telling us that Morgane has a place in the alternative school in Montreal that we wanted her to attend. Ecole Elan is near Parc La Fontaine in the plateau. We had put our name on their waiting list last month before leaving for Vancouver. Hurray! So when Ghis goes back to Montreal, he will look for a place close by.
Today we went to the Museum of Anthropology. Morgane is a great observer of art. I love this museum - when I'm there I can imagine when this province was populated by aboriginal peoples who incorporated art and stories into every part of their lives.I am fascinated by old photos that show how things were before all this was destroyed - before residential schools and before all the potlach ceremonial gear and other artifacts were taken away. It's great to educate Morgane about all this. She loved the carving of the Raven on the Clamshell. It's the story of the first people - Raven found them inside the clamshell. Morgane is also intrigued to find naked statues and carvings and photos. It's a bit confusing for her - what is private and what is not?
Yesterday we had a busy, but quiet Canada Day. We spent the afternoon with my parents and the evening with our friends, Jerome and Lynn, and their three girls.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bravo for Morgane!
Post a Comment