We're waiting for the family to show up for Christmas Eve dinner. I have been pondering why people stress out about spending time with their extended families. Partly, I think it reflects the number of unresolved issues between members of the family. But then I realized that it's also the way we pigeon-hole each other, expecting each person to be the same as they were years ago. The fact is that people change, but when they get together with their families, they may feel like they haven't changed at all.
Enough pondering. Morgane is here chattering in my ear. She wants to tell me a story.
Morgane was a princess who lived in a castle. She had a brilliant dragon that she wanted to keep forever. At school, everyone said that she was a caca. And at home she told her mommy and daddy and when her grandfather was dead, he left her a gift and he went to the cemetery and buried himself. And Morgane lived happily ever after. The end.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment