Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tired

I'm tired. Maybe it was the long drive to work and back on snowy roads or the class I taught three times today. Maybe it's because my dog needed me to untangle her from around the tree and my daughter needed me to comfort her since her Max and Ruby video gave her nightmares about blue tarantulas.

I sat in her room with her and we talked about how they only live in warm countries. And they're not blue, I told her, but she wouldn't believe me. She wanted them to come in all sorts of rainbow colours. I said maybe people eat them like breakfast cereal.

Like the other day, I asked her if she wanted a ham sandwich. No. A cheese sandwich? No. So, I suggested an octopus sandwich with lots of legs and her eyes sparkled with curiosity. "Could I just see one?" she asked.

Now the question I ask myself is why it's so hard to just do nothing when I'm tired. Tomorrow I am going on a field trip to see an art exhibit on portraits of children. My first school trip with my daughter's kindergarten class. Good night.Sleep tight. Don't let the blue tarantulas bite.

No comments: