Tofino is great. This morning, on the beach, Morgane was enamored with little olive snails that she found just under the sand. She must have dug up and relocated about a hundred to her snail resort. She also touched some seaweed and played chicken with the waves.
In the afternoon, I walked around town and discovered a lovely bookstore with lots of great picks and good kids toys too. The weather was pretty good and we had a view of many snow-capped mountains. Tonight we had a nice dinner and a locally-baked cake for dessert. Tomorrow I want to check out the market (every Saturday), and then we are going to celebrate the solstice or aboriginal day with celebrations at Pacific Rim National Park. So, we'll get to see some first nations dancing and other stuff, and all this on the longest of all the beaches (I think!). After that, I still want to take surfing lessons and take the water taxi to go walk with the great trees on Meares Island.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment