Went to Roy Henry Vickers' gallery this morning and Morgane chose her three favourite cards - all traditional first nations artwork - none of his more colourful pieces. Then we waited until the local Saturday market was set up. Ate a whole-wheat cinnamon bun. Then we went to Wickaninish Beach where Aboriginal Day was being celebrated. Morgane and I bought some bead necklaces and she had fun blowing bubbles and doing crafts. A lot of the craftspeople were weaving with cedar bark. There was a draw orgainzed by the park and I won us a lunch for two.
At the beach, there were lots of people trying to surf, but none very good. Apparently there was a competition at another of the beaches. It's great to be staying in town. I love going out walking. I hope I'll feel the same way when we live close to everything in Montreal.
We still want to take a water taxi to Meare's Island and walk on the big tree trail. I also want to take surfing lessons. And there's a great store in town that sells only sustainable clothing.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment